Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A chip on my shoulder.
I don't know how I managed to fracture my shoulder without knowing it. Really. And it's totally unfair that I should be so inconvenienced and in so much pain without an interesting story to go with. Sky-diving. Barrel racing. Fighting crime. Leg-swept during a really intense session of sparring. Swept off the rocks while communing with ocean waves. Fox hunting. Even snow boarding or ice skating would do. But nothing? That's just ridiculous.

And, the dogs totally do not like my being in a sling, and not able to play with them or rub their tummies, and not feeling up to walks, and not letting them stand up with their paws on my shoulders for kisses (NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! OFF!). Plus I'm a bit crabby.

The cats, on the other hand, don't really care one way or the other. They have been blessedly good sports about not jumping onto my shoulder from the top posts of the bed while I'm sleeping... Perhaps their cat-psychic-powers warn them that I might not react in a completely positive way...

And typing with one arm completely immobilized is wicked hard. That's why this is a short post.

2 comments:

  1. Cat's psychic power.... interesting. That's why they know when I'm coming to them to put medication on their fur lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And why they disappear *the night before* the day they are scheduled to go to the vet... Neatly sidestepping my carefully planned subterfuge.

    Damn their psychic powers!

    ReplyDelete